GeriActors Theatre is an intergenerational theatre company. Our performance company, the GeriActors & Friends, ranges in age from early twenties to early nineties. We are unique in uniting seniors and younger generations through performer-created play development. Using a playful approach to theatre and emphasizing social interaction, we produce original plays based on our stories and issues of aging and perform to seniors and their families, students, health professionals, caregivers, and the general public. Our outreach programs include: workshops in storytelling and acting, JP Drama (in collaboration with Jasper Place High School), the Festival of Edmonton Seniors Theatre, and Facilitator Training.
Join our Board of Directors (volunteer)
GeriActors is seeking members of the community to join its Board of Directors. Board members will support GeriActors in executing its mission to engage seniors and intergenerational groups in theatre and performance-related activities, and to produce plays that are meaningful for its performers and audiences. GeriActors believes seniors’ engagement in the arts at a level of comparative mastery leads to significant health benefits, an overall sense of well-being and a marked increase in social and civic engagement.
We are seeking candidates with a strong interest in theatrical arts, community arts, and/or the seniors sector. Knowledge and skills in accounting, fundraising and development, legal, and marketing are an asset. We are recruiting board members for a two-year term. The board of directors meets four times per year.
A GeriActors Board Member:
- Regularly attends board meetings and the Annual General Meeting.
- Stays informed about board matters, prepares for meetings, and reviews and comments on minutes and reports.
- Participates actively in the board’s deliberations and decisions in the matters of policy, finance, and programming.
- Participates in strategic planning, fundraising, outreach and audience development.
- Protects assets and provides proper financial oversight.
- Ensures legal, fiduciary, and ethical integrity.
- Upholds our mission, vision, goals and objectives, and champions the theatre company within the community.
Please send a statement of interest (max. one page) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Open until filled.
Potential applicants are invited to contact us in advance of submitting their applications if they have any questions regarding GeriActors and/or board member requirements and duties.
Download our call for new board members as a PDF: GeriActors call for new board members