Drama 507: Intergenerational Theatre
Participate in an Internship with the GeriActors & Friends
Drama 507: Intergenerational Theatre is a combined undergraduate and graduate course through the University of Alberta. Students collaborate with the GeriActors & Friends in theatre workshops, storytelling, devised play development, and performance.
Using a playful approach to theatre, seniors and students collaborate to produce original plays based on true stories and issues of aging. Throughout the course, students may focus on improvisation, acting, playwriting, stage management and/or production. Students come from a variety of programs, including Drama, Education, Human Ecology, Pharmacy and Public Health.Additional course information:
- Rehearsals are Thursdays (and occasionally Tuesdays) from 1:00-3:45pm at the Sage Seniors Association.
- Drama 507 is available in Fall Term & Winter Term.
- There are no prerequisites and students may be in any year, or from any Department or Faculty.
- Students may take Drama 507 as a credit or non-credit course. There is no fee for the non-credit course.
- Drama 507 can be a CSL option.
Students interested in registering or learning more should contact:
David Barnet, Artistic Director
What Students Have Said About Drama 507