“We are the GeriActors & Friends, an intergenerational theatre company. We write plays based on true stories and issues from our lives. Ladies and Gentlemen, please enjoy the show!”
The GeriActors & Friends is currently made up of 16 seniors and 5 Friends. This spring we have performed in Edmonton, Stony Plain, and Hanna! Join us for our last show of the year, see what we’ve been working on, and meet the cast!
Thursday, June 14
Room 3-121, Fine Arts Building
University of Alberta campus
Please RSVP through eventbrite
Admission is by donation
light refreshments will be provided
In collaboration with Age Friendly Edmonton, the GeriActors & Friends have written 5 NEW plays! With stories about family, history, love and dating, ageism, abuse, and maintaining our health and independence these plays explore what it means to be a senior in Edmonton.
- Be Careful – Renovations, bank loans, blueprints, and more. The lengths we go to keep our family safe.
- Claire & Jacob – From the 60’s to today four people share their stories of coming out.
- Love Me Tinder – Times have changed. Life has sped up and online dating is the worst. In one minute you’ve said yes or no to 10 people. What’s next? Breaking up before you meet? Gertrude is about to find out.
- Reading the Signs – Just as they are inventing rear view cameras, warning buzzers for changing lanes, self-driving cars, and car-sharing deals, I have to give up driving.
- Sanctuary – A play about elder abuse and finding your sanctuary.